WAYS TO CELEBRATE INTERNATIONAL WOMEN'S DAY
Today is International Women's Day. The theme declared by United Nations is “'Think equal, build smart, innovate for change'. The theme will focus on innovative ways in which we can advance gender equality and the empowerment of women, particularly in the areas of social protection systems, access to public services and sustainable infrastructure."*
HERE'S 12 SUGGESTIONS OF THINGS YOU CAN DO TODAY!
1. If able, call, write or text your mother, grandmother or any matriarchal women in your life and express appreciation, value and inspiration to/for them.
2. Choose a woman in the scriptures to study and deepen your faith. (link: list of women in the Bible)
3. Send an email to friends & co-workers to help raise awareness of International Women's Day; Be sure to invite friends & family to SHE CAN Women's Day this Saturday (link: Toronto Church Women's Day).
4. Search for, read and share a blog on women's issues.
5. Attend a speech, gathering or support efforts empowering women. Some businesses provide Women's Day activities i.e. Staples hosts networking with local women entrepreneurs (link: Women's events at Staples)
6. Begin reading a compelling book by a women author.
7. Give to other women. Find a way to identify and meet needs of women around you. Give to a shelter, volunteer with a group, reach out to those in more challenging situations than you.
8. Invest in your career. Enroll in a course, find a mentor, explore new options for employment.
9. Find a new hobby that brings enjoyment and puts you in connection with other women.
10.Listen to an inspirational woman on TED Talk platform. (link: TED Talk)
11.Become a cheerleader for other women. Commit to encourage and lift others up! (link: Eph. 4:29)
12.However you take action today, take picture of your decision and/or action today, show your support visually on social media and make sure you include #betterforgod. (link: download Better For God logo's for social media)
Copyright 2019 West Church